Hello beauties! I’m super excited to introduce you all to Karen of Your Stylist Karen from Washington, DC.. I was so happy that she agreed to do a blogger spotlight for me. I discovered her blog several months ago as a BLM group member and have been hooked ever since. I love her chic and conservative attire, savvy business style, and her daily words of inspiration. I visit her blog often and recommend that you jump on board for her motivational tips and stylish updates.
I asked her a few questions, so we could learn a bit of information about her and her personal style. Please read about Karen below and stop by her Facebook page for more information.
What are some lessons you learned as a blogger?I am still a relatively new blogger so I am learning every day. I do not have an exact plan as to where I want my blog to go. For now, I am happy adding a bit of positivity to my readers day and hopefully inspiring them in some way. I have learned that the Golden Rule applies to the blogging world too. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
How do you balance your professional life and blogging?I must admit that it is difficult. I have not actually found the balance. Each week is different and right now I am just trying to keep up.
Karen is a Independent Stylist with Stella Dot, shop her online store (here)
How would you describe your personal style?Evolving is the word that best describes my personal style. I used to have a love affair with Forever 21 and then I realized that it was time to incorporate more sophisticated pieces and invest in quality. I know the basics of what colors compliment my skin and what cuts flatter my body type. I tend to be more on the conservative side but I am open to playing with color, print and adding versatility by layering.
What are some activities you enjoy outside of blogging?I am a stylist with Stella & Dot and that takes up a bunch of my time. I love it and would not have it any other way. Spending time with my husband, family and friends takes up any other free time that I have right now.
Karen, thank you so much for the allowing me to feature you. I’m sure you all can see why I adore this bloggers style. She’s professional, stylish, positive, and down to earth. You can find her using the following links:
Thank you all for stopping by!
Hi loves, it’s a snowed in kind of day in CT. We got over a foot of snow between yesterday and today. Needless to say, we’re not going anywhere. The streets are covered and it will take a few days to dig out of this mess. I recently came across a random facts post on another persons blog and thought it would be a great idea for me to share a few random facts about myself, so here I go…
1. I don’t go to the hair salon more than 2 times a year. I do my hair myself because I wash my hair every day, which is crazy because it’s not necessary. It’s also why I can’t wear weaves and braids. If I don’t wash my hair, I pick at my scalp and hate the smell of the oils it produces.
2. I love English accents and listen to music in different languages all the time. Even though, I don’t know what they are saying.
3. I hated my lips growing up because everyone teased me about the size of them. I avoided wearing red lipstick because I didn’t want to bring attention to my lips. I’m clearly over that now and wear more red lipstick than any other shade.
4. I can’t swim, I panic in deep waters because I almost drowned when I was little. Funny thing, I’m from an island (Jamaica) 😉
5. I love pretty teeth and it’s the first thing I notice about people
6. I love spinach in anything and I hate milk by itself, except chocolate milk
7. I don’t like socks, even in the winter, headbands, because they give me a headache, or stockings because they make me itch
8. I love real life crime TV, murder mysteries, and horror films
9. I love very, very dark complexions, it reminds me of velvet, if that makes any sense.
10. I don’t know the words to most songs that I love, which is why I love karaoke because it gives the lyrics to songs, I’ve probably changed the lyrics to every song unknowingly.
Please share a random fact about yourself!
What a year it’s been, hard to believe this is my final post of 2012. I had lots of fun and I’m already looking forward to 2013 and the fun fashion journey ahead. I started focusing on my OOTD in late June of this year and loved it. I’ve learned so much about me by doing this online diary. It’s taught me to love and appreciate every inch of my body. At times we can be our own worst critics but I’m understanding that only I can love me so if I don’t then I shouldn’t expect others to love me and uplift me more than myself.
I’ve changed so much over the year, it’s been a roller coaster ride, I had some great times and not so great times but I’ve grown tremendously from it all. I wouldn’t change a thing because it’s made me stronger and more determined than ever before.
My Goals for 2013
- Refocus back on my first love, my jewelry business Accessories We Love.
- Continue to grow my blog through the various social media platforms.
- Work on different ways of engaging my current and future audience
- Stay focused, humble, motivated, and positive throughout the year 😉
What are some of your goals? Anything in particular you want to work on in 2013?
Which of my personal style series do you like from the 4 collages I’ve created above ?
Thank you for all the support, comments, love, and advice!!!
Hi Lovies, These are my Monday blues 😉 I love jeans and would wear it as often as possible if I could get away with it. I like soft denim with lots of stretch for comfort.
I will rock a great fitting pair of jeans to death.
I enjoy dressing up my jeans, you will see more looks like this one fairly often on my blog.
I find it really easy to be casual and girly at the same time, especially when I have on a pair of jeans.
I’ve had the jeans, belt, and clutch for over a year. The shoes and chambray shirt are recent buys from two of my favorite retailers. It’s funny how you can have certain pieces for years and style them differently over and over again.
It’s important to me to find quality pieces. I hate buying something that doesn’t hold up over time.
Since most styles and trends tend to historically resurface over the years, it’s good to hold on to items that you love. I wasn’t always able to fit the jeans. I had gained weight then lost weight and now they fit again 😉
Now I just pack things away and revisit them when I think they might fit me. I use to give things away but I usually regret it when I find things that would have worked perfectly but no longer have the item.
It’s going to be a busy week for me I hope you all enjoy the pictures and please leave me some feedback!
Lots of Kisses!!
Hi Guys! I’m taking another stab at YouTube. It’s been two years since I tried it for the first time and I thought it was time to do a new video. I’ll be utilizing my YouTube channel a lot more for OOTD features, health and beauty, personal stories etc. Please show support by Subbing and leaving a comment under each video, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the continued support & XOXO.